ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] OSC-GNSO Operations Work Team: Rules of Procedure & Bylaws

  • To: "GNSO Ops Work Team" <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] OSC-GNSO Operations Work Team: Rules of Procedure & Bylaws
  • From: "Julie Hedlund" <jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:53:01 -0400

Dear Work Team members,

Per our discussion on today's call concerning the impact of Bylaws changes
on the GNSO Rules of Procedure, the following information may be useful.  As
we discussed, the GNSO Council Restructuring Drafting Team (DT) is engaged
in addressing changes to the Bylaws relating to GNSO Improvements.  You may
view the latest activities on the Restructuring DT wiki at:
https://st.icann.org/gnso_transition/index.cgi?gnso_council_restructuring_ef
fort.  On this page is the Bylaws changes chart listing the current status
of the DT's recommended Bylaws changes.  In addition, linked to this wiki is
a page that lists the Bylaws with proposed changes for discussion:
https://st.icann.org/gnso_transition/index.cgi?by_laws_with_proposed_changes
_for_discussion.

Also, as we discussed, it may be useful for Work Team members to attend the
meeting of the Restructuring DT in Sydney.  This will be held on Saturday,
20 June, from 9:30 to 10:30 in Function Room 5-6.  Note that all GNSO
meetings are open meetings.

Finally, as discussed I will provide to the team by Wednesday, 17 June the
Rules of Procedure (RoP) indicating the following 1) where Bylaws changes
may impact the RoP; 2) where the work of the PDP Work Group may impact the
RoP; and changes the text to reflect the new bicameral structure.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Julie

Julie Hedlund
Policy Consultant