ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

RE: [gnso-osc-ops] ACTIONS/SUMMARY: OSC-GNSO Operations Work Team 12 August Meeting

  • To: "'Kieren McCarthy'" <kieren.mccarthy@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-ops] ACTIONS/SUMMARY: OSC-GNSO Operations Work Team 12 August Meeting
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:41:57 -0400

Kieren, thank you for your constructive input, most welcome and
appreciative.

Your first point makes sense to me and will ask our work team to consider
including such language as you are suggesting.

To your second point, thinking out loud, I am curious if the Council members
themselves are the ones to be expected to "explicitly discuss the content of
a summary analysis" or if the Council should make sure that such discussion
have occurred, or otherwise has been accounted for, prior to submitting its
recommendation to the Board.  The latter is more procedural minded in the
Council's role of "managing" the policy process vs. "explicitly discussing"
the content which infers Council members making interpretations towards a
making a judgment.  Thoughts welcome.

Ray