ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] Abstentions and Conflicts of Interest

  • To: "'gnso-osc-ops'" <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] Abstentions and Conflicts of Interest
  • From: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:25:50 -0500

To:  GNSO Council Ops Team

As discussed in our teleconference yesterday and noted in Julie's action
item summary, I have prepared the attached DRAFT document, which is proposed
as a set of additional sections that could be incorporated into the GNSO
Operating Procedures on the subjects of Abstentions and Conflicts of
Interest.

.         A version of this material was first published by Staff as a
comment to the Public Forum on GNSO Operating Procedures
(http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-operating-procedures-2009/msg00001.html).

.         In the attached condensed version, I removed the
background/research portions of the original paper and included only the
applicable definition and procedure sections.

.         I attempted to capture my understanding of the team consensus on
various elements and, as a result, rewrote much of the content.   I enabled
track changes in the document so that team members can see how/where the
original material was altered.

I am happy to answer any questions concerning this draft document and to
continue supporting the team to help evolve and perfect these procedures.

Happy Thanksgiving where celebrated.

Ken Bour