ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

Re: [gnso-osc-ops] FW: Potential Agenda Items For This Week's GCOT Call

  • To: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-ops] FW: Potential Agenda Items For This Week's GCOT Call
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:42:04 -0400

So ... if a staffer has filed a SOI/DOI, and it factually discloses the staffer's interest in X, is the staffer free to advocate for X, and is the staffer then participating equally (overlooking the bit about the staffer being paid to participate, at random locations on the surface of the Earth) with the volunteers and elected (through the "bottom up, consensus driven, democratic manner") representatives of Stakeholder Groups, Advisory Groups, and Working Groups?

This is not where I want to go. We're chasing a non-problem and ignoring a known problem.

Eric