ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] SOI/DOI and OSC

  • To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] SOI/DOI and OSC
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:06:04 -0400

Hi,

I did as was discussed in our previous meeting and reported on this group's
continuing efforts with SOI/DOI to the PPSC Working Group WT.  I covered all 3
of the issues: Written DOIs, Individual polling for SOI/DOI and Staff SOI/DOI.

As they had taken a decision to include the work of this group in their report,
they indicated that they will wait for this group to finish and then review
during the comment period.

I recommend that when have completed the rewording, we send a courtesy
notifications w/text to the PPSC Working Group Working Team for their review
and comment.  I do not think we need to wait for the OSC to approach the PPSC
for this.  As a member of both groups, I can serve as a carrier for that effort
if the group wishes.

The WG WT has just finished doing its comment review and is nearly ready to
send their doc for final approval.  They are going to annotate the dependency
of the SOI./DOI in the guidelines on this group's work.

I should also mention that there was definite interest in the subject of Staff
SOI/DOI.  One issue that was brought up in our brief discussion was the
hypothetical of a Staff member who owned stock in a relevant corporation - i.e.
how did we intend to handle that.

So, how do we intend to handle that?

cheers,

a.