ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] Latest Draft Version of OSC Charter

  • To: "Robin Gross" <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] Latest Draft Version of OSC Charter
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:10:03 -0500

Thanks for the explanation Robin.  I agree with much of what you say but
am still concerned about the wording you added.  Let me use the RyC as
an example.  I don't think the RyC should have undo influence in terms
of how new Registry Stakeholder Group constituencies are formed.  I
believe the formation of a new constituency is more of a Council matter
than it is a Stakeholder Group issue or existing Constituency issue.  If
this makes any sense to you, maybe you can suggest alternative wording.

Also, I do home that Staff and/or Roberto will weigh in on this so that
we can make sure that the Charter is consistent with the Board
Recommendations.  I would really prefer that we get it right the first
time rather than coming back later and having to redo it.

Chuck