ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] Another Attempt at a Final Response to the CCT

  • To: gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] Another Attempt at a Final Response to the CCT
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 19:21:12 +0100

On 4 Dec 2009, at 18:57, Ken Bour wrote:

> While some members would like to see “tolerance” added explicitly, others
> believe that the ICANN code satisfactorily embraces this concept (e.g. third
> bullet beginning with TREAT) and that the GNSO should adopt the standards as
> written or seek to have them amended officially by working through the ICANN
> Ombudsman office.

I can almost live with it.  I would suggest a variant.

While some members  believe that the ICANN code satisfactorily embraces the
concept of "tolerance" (e.g. third bullet beginning with TREAT) and that the
GNSO should adopt the standards as written or seek to have them amended
officially by working through the ICANN Ombudsman office, others believe that
the ICANN code does not explicitly encourage tolerance but that GNSO processes
require it.

thanks

a.