ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

[gnso-osc] OSC review - GNSO procedures - section 5 statements of interest

  • To: <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc] OSC review - GNSO procedures - section 5 statements of interest
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:42:47 +0200

Indeed I support Steve's additional thought re a list of contractors.
Ray, please add to your revised section 5.
Philip
A related issue to consider:  if this system is to work as proposed, there needs
to be an authoritative, current and publicly available list of all "entities
with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other arrangement (e.g.
Registries, Registrars, Consultants,etc)."  Otherwise, a person who has a
"compensation arrangement" with such an entity on an issue totally unrelated to
ICANN might well be unaware that this is a relationship which s/he is supposed
to disclose.   I don't think such a list exists today, is ICANN in a position to
prepare, maintain and post it?