ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] OSC approval of amended Council procedures - 5.10 statements of interest - deadline 21 January 2011

  • To: gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] OSC approval of amended Council procedures - 5.10 statements of interest - deadline 21 January 2011
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:55:40 -0500

with attachment

Hi,

I have added some comments and questions to Chuck's edits.

for ease of reference:

5.2.3  I think we may need to differentiate full time employees from those who
may be employees and not contractors, but who may have other employers as well.
 This may be a moot point if there are not part time employees, but there could
be part timers.

I thought we were speaking of fulltime employees when we discussed this in
Cartagena.

5.3.3 (2)  I pay taxes in two countries.  How do I handle this?  Would I have
to list both?  Is that the intent?

5.3.3 (4) Re: de minimus: Is this a global term ?  Does it need to be defined
somewhere?

5.3.3 (5)

a. what does it mean to be a representative?  If  someone is reporting
information to someone (even for pay), but  totally independent in terms of
actions taken in the group, are they a representative?

b. Is it permitted to represent someone who wishes to remain unnamed?

5.3.3. (6i)  Does material interest have a global known definition?  Do we need
to define this somewhere.

also in Cartagena, I thought there had not been agreement to completely remove
disclosure of interest.  I though we had some sort of notion that there was a
need for group participants to verbally indicate if an specific topic during a
meeting brought up some specific issue of interest that was not immediately
obvious from the SoI.  I thought this mean there needed to be some paragraph
indicating that there was an obligation if during a discussions some disclosure
became necessary, it should be made at that point in time.

thanks

a.