ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

[gnso-pednr-dt] Statement of Interest - Paul Diaz

  • To: <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] Statement of Interest - Paul Diaz
  • From: "Diaz, Paul" <pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:17:25 -0400

Statement of Interest for Post-Expiry Domain Name Recovery Working Group

I am a full-time employee of Network Solutions LLC, an ICANN-accredited
registrar offering gTLD and ccTLD domain name registration and Web
presence services to our small business customers.  Network Solutions
also has two affiliated ICANN-accredited registrars, NameSecure L.L.C.
and TLDS L.L.C d/b/a SRSplus.  All of these entities are owned by global
growth equity firm General Atlantic.  I currently serve as Network
Solutions' Policy & Ethics Manager.  My daily responsibilities include
handling ICANN-related issues, corporate advocacy at the federal, state
and local levels, and administering the Company's business ethics
program.

Network Solutions has partnered with CentralNic to form Central Registry
Solutions (CRS).  This joint venture helps customers navigate the ICANN
application process for new TLDs, and will offer back-end registry and
distribution services for such new TLDs.  Network Solutions also is a
partner with eNom in NameJet, a domain name aftermarket auction company
that consolidates an exclusive inventory of expired and deleted domains
from top domain name registrars and makes them available for auction.

I have no ownership interest in Network Solutions, its affiliated
registrars, joint venture partners, or in any current registry operator.
I am not in possession of any registry sensitive or proprietary
information.  To the best of my knowledge, I have no ownership interest
in any entity that currently has business before the GNSO or ICANN.

Network Solutions is a founding member of the GNSO Registrar
Constituency.  We also are a member of the United States Council for
International Business (USCIB), which participates in the GNSO Business
Constituency.  Our primary interest in the USCIB is the DNS and Internet
Identifiers Working Group.

My commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development outcomes is
focused on their potential impacts on Network Solutions, its affiliated
registrars, and its joint venture initiatives.