ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Whois Output from "Thin Registry"

  • To: "gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Whois Output from "Thin Registry"
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:53:26 -0400

To put this in perspective for those who were not on the call, the question that was raised was "does the registry whois data have an expiration date". The reply of several of us is that it must, but Mike Palage offered to verify and send the result.

Anecdotal evidence (by a number of respondents to the ICANN call for comments among others) indicates that the only date some people see post expiration but before renewal by the registrant is the registry date that is now a year out. Based on Rob's e-mail, at least some registrars will still show the now-past expiration date. Perhaps just another of the variations among registrars.

Alan