[gnso-pednr-dt] RE: Request for Statement of Interest for Post-Expiry Domain Name Recovery Working Group
- To: "'Glen de Saint Géry'" <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] RE: Request for Statement of Interest for Post-Expiry Domain Name Recovery Working Group
- From: "Dave Kissoondoyal" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 16:52:15 +0400
As requested please find below the statement of interest
1. Current vocation, employer and position
President Internet Society of Mauritius, PIR .ORG Advisory Council Member
2. Type of work performed in #1 above
Non commercial for ISOC Mauritius
3. Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested
parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction,
contract, or other arrangement.
No financial interests at my level with the contract between PIR and ICANN
4. Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in ICANN
GNSO policy development processes and outcomes. Are you representing other
parties? Describe any arrangements/agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination/selection as a
work team member.
I am a Member of the ALAC Executive Committee
5. Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in
internationalized data registration or issues relating to the work of the
6. The Board requested that WG members have specific "knowledge,
expertise, and experience in these areas". Please identify any knowledge,
expertise or experience you have that would be relevant to this work.
Was involved as ISOC Ambassador to WSIS. Was much involved in policies
specially related to Internet Governance
7. Describe any tangible or intangible benefit that you receive from
participation in such processes. For example, if you are an academic or NGO
and use your position to advance your ability to participate, this should be
a part of the statement of interest, just as should employment by a
contracted party, or a business relationship with a non- contracted party
who has an interest in policy outcomes.
No tangible benefits. However the intangible benefits can be networking,
participation and sharing of ideas and experiences.