ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gnso-pednr-dt] Items left for future discussion last week

• To: PEDNR <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] Items left for future discussion last week
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 01:40:16 -0400

There were a number of items left for e-mail discussion last week. Since I did not have the time to start the discussion on e-mail, I would like to take some time during today's meeting to discuss them. The following are my initial suggestions for addressing the issues.

Quest 5 - details of how notice are sent
========================================

There was general agreement that we should not transmission methods such as Twitter or even SMS in the RAA. Currently, there is NO requirement to use any method (even e-mail). Carrier pigeon would suffice. Do we need to be specific. If not, how do we ensure that the registrar picks a "satisfactory" notification method.

Our challenge here is not to pick the method, but to phrase the question so that answers are meaningful.

Quest 9 - Post expiration Web intercept
=======================================

The question arose about what registrars currently do when the intercept post-expiration web traffic. Specifically, do they "typically" intercept *.domain.tld, that is, all subdomains?

We discussed that stopping domains from working soon after expiration should not be required is registrar was "in contact" with the registrant. We need a way to define "in contact".

Quest 15 - Transfer during ARGP
===============================

This is my attempt to craft a question.

Currently a registrar is required to transfer a domain during the post-expiration period if such a transfer is requested by the registrant (with some very specific exceptions). However, due to various registrar practices, it may be impractical or impossible for the RAE to make such a request during the post-expiration period and there is no current policy that requires a registrar to allow such a request to be made.

Option a) Require that a registrar allow the RAE to request a transfer during the post-expiration period.

Option b) Best practice

Option c) Status quo

General
=======

What is the "reasonable" number of hours/days that provides some grace to the registrar but stops normal functioning within a reasonable amount of time?

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy