ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Items left for future discussion last week

  • To: PEDNR <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Items left for future discussion last week
  • From: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:17:27 -0700

Alan,

The issue and solution to Question 15 seems to me like we are reaching for a
solution when there is not really a problem with the language as it currently
written.

The premise that Registrar is required to transfer during the ARGP logically
extends to the fact that the Registrar must allow a registrant to request a
transfer. If they do not allow it for some reason, this is an issue for ICANN
compliance and the rules and process we have in place.

To put it another way, if we have the language that you have suggested, would
it make a difference in the process and what is currently happening or would
the registrant still need to go to Compliance if there is a bad apple that does
not allow it?

Jeff