ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Post expiry domain email functionality.

  • To: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Post expiry domain email functionality.
  • From: Sivasubramanian M <isolatedn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:13:44 +0530

Dear Michele,

I didn't offer to make a design blueprint for the technical architecture of
this back up service, but merely tried to gather technical opinion from
technical experts and commercial opinion from a commercial company on this
proposition. What is the need here for you to highlight the fact that I have
a non-technical background?

Domain Registrants have their email traffic interrupted during the renewal /
recovery period and this is a problem. Registrars could extend the courtesy
of extended email functionality, but it is not it done probably due to valid
cost considerations. You have tried to argue that this interruption is a
good idea because it gives a wake up call ! and then tried to argue that it
any solution technically far too complicated and finally resorted to 'ad
hominem' - an attack on the person "the person seeking a technical solution
from technical experts is not an expert himself" Doesn't make sense. Appears
that you would like this WG to be completely closed on the idea of even
exploring a solution. on.

I admit your proclamation that you are a technical expert, but it is not
true that the solution isn't technically as complicated as you make out to
be. That is another technical opinion that I have taken before responding to
your mail.

( Just to be curious, what is the level of your technical expertise?  I have
had opportunities to interact with some of the most accomplished technical
experts and have found that the higher their level of expertise, the more
humble and kinder they are. I have not seen any of them gloat over the fact
that they are technically knowledgeable )

Sivasubramanian M.