ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For Final Review - Updated PEDNR Initial Report

  • To: PEDNR <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] For Final Review - Updated PEDNR Initial Report
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 22:03:33 -0400

Siva,  My comments on your suggestions:

- Regarding the 1st and 2nd survey. Although we will be looking at area where the results in the two surveys are different from each other, the intent was that the 2nd version replace the first.

- On the omission of the comments in the document, we will certainly be looking at the comments in detail in the WG, but I do not feel that, taken out of the context of the WG discussions, they will be either fully understandable or add a lot to the results.

- On the NCSG or At-Large "negotiating" with registrars to alter the terms of their agreements with registrants, I do not believe that either group is empowered to do this, and I would not want to put such a suggestion in writing without the clearance of ICANN legal Counsel. There are clear rules regarding what ICANN can direct (basically only those things that are within the limits of "consensus policy"). The overall terms in registration agreements are not within that scope (although limited parts are).

Alan