ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] PEDNR: A proposed path forward

  • To: "'PEDNR '" <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] PEDNR: A proposed path forward
  • From: "Berry Cobb" <berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 06:56:15 -0700

PEDNR Team,

I agree too that the Rr proposal is a great start.  Thank you for providing
us with this first step for bringing consistency and more predictability to
the expiration process.  Similar to Mikey, there a few additional items I
would like to see before we paint the horizon and draw this WG to a close.
For example, the documentation of this spaghetti process that can facilitate
the education that both sides agree needs to be created to enhance
Registrant knowledge and expectation.

Often, my white board is my only outlet to get an issue off my brain so I
can sleep better at night.  Attached is a whiteboard drawing of my take on
the possible "future state" of the process.  I wanted to share this with the
group before I spent any time on building this in Visio.  Please forgive my
pathetic whiteboard penmanship and I recommend using zoom to decipher the
labels.  As this is kind of a mess, I will be happy to walk through the
diagram on our call to assist peeps in understanding my logic.  I suspect
some of my logic is wrong, and I desire assistance from everyone to make it
right.  Whether we use something like this or not, it will be a great aid to
ensure I understand the impacts and consequence of any policy changes we may
consider here.

That is all for now.  Thanks again and see you on the call today!  B

Berry Cobb
Infinity Portals LLC
berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://infinityportals.com