ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

[gnso-pednr-dt] Post expiration renewal stats

  • To: PEDNR <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] Post expiration renewal stats
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 00:40:32 -0500

As a follow-on to James' numbers, it would be useful to see the patterns from other registrars. Due to different customer bases and pre-expiration notifications, they could be substantially different.

What would be most useful would be:

- percentage of expiring gTLD domains that are renewed prior to expiration
- percentage that are renewed on each of day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- percentage that are renewed during days 11-15, 16-20, 21-25 and 26-30.
- indication of which day the domain is re-directed to the parking site.

I (and potentially one or two other WG members would be prepared to sign non-disclosure agreements if you do not want to make the information public. I would presume that Marika could also be copied on any such data.

Can any other registrars help?

Alan