ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Comments on GoDaddy data and proposal

  • To: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Comments on GoDaddy data and proposal
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:21:43 -0600

hi all,

i'm finally fully back into the regular routine after a great trip through
South America and the usual holiday madness.

here's where i'm at;

-- Berry dragged me through the data and i realized that the data wasn't
telling me what i thought it was -- so i'm less enthusiastic about 10 days than
i was in Cartagena.

-- i want a clear signal sent to the world (not just the registrant) that the
domain has expired and sufficient time for the registrant to respond to that
signal.

-- i'm willing to listen to ideas other than "the domain going dark" as the
signal, but i remain deeply skeptical of any signal that is sent based on
contact information, or sent by the same channels that have failed in the past.

On Jan 10, 2011, at 11:52 AM, Alan Greenberg wrote:

> In preparation for our meeting tomorrow, I would appreciate you forwarding
> and comments to the list prior to the meeting.
>
> Alan

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com