ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] GNSO Approval on PEDNR recommendation

  • To: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Young <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] GNSO Approval on PEDNR recommendation
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:28:45 -0700

For your information, now that the GNSO Council has approved the
recommendations, they will need to be put out for public comment as
required by the ICANN Bylaws (Article III, Section 6: ŒProvide public
notice on the Website explaining what policies are being considered for
adoption and why, at least twenty-one days (and if practical earlier)
prior to any action by the board¹ and Œprovide a reasonable opportunity
for parties to comment on the adoption of the proposed policies, to see
the comments of others, and to reply to those comments, prior to any
action by the Board¹). In addition, the GAC needs to be notified (Article
III, Section 6: ŒIn those cases where the policy action affects public
policy concerns, to request the opinion of the Governmental Advisory
Committee¹). As the Board meeting in September is designated as a retreat,
the first opportunity the Board will likely have to consider the
recommendations, taking into account the steps that need to be taken
first, is the Board meeting in October at the ICANN meeting in Dakar.

With best regards,

Marika