ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] IPC comment for PEDNR

  • To: Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr@xxxxxxxxx>, PEDNR <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] IPC comment for PEDNR
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:51:22 -0400

I will add one more candid comment.

Over the years, I have been frustrated by the lack of response (or even recognition of) comments summitted. But at the same time, when the edict was passed down from on high that WG must REALLY look at the comments and duly consider them, my original reaction was that it was a nice idea, but a pipe-dream. It would be *FAR* more work than was either practical or even possible.

Well, we now have done it. And the PDP-WT that I am very active in has also done it admirably. No small thanks for this goes to Marika and her colleagues for organizing the work such that it is possible to attack in a systematic and thorough way.

And I think that our work products and ultimately ICANN policy benefits from it in an immense way.

Alan