ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-dt]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-dt] Recap of meeting & items for review

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-dt] Recap of meeting & items for review
  • From: Holly Raiche <h.raiche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:09:56 +1000

First of all - thank you Mikey for the mind map.  I think it does capture some
of the issues that should be addressed.

And while I am fully aware of the fact that all we are doing is developing a
charter - it will be the actual WG that does the hard yakka - we need to
develop a charter that does ensure all the issues that need to be addressed are
there.

As Mikey points out (and as is reflected in the Framework document - and
comments made for the Beijing meeting) we need to work through what we mean by
'policy' as well as when we need to go beyond the GNSO and/or ICANN staff,
because other stakeholders will be impacted.  And Mikey - this is nicely
captured in your mind map.

So keep the conversations going.  We are responsible for the development of a
charter that does ask the hard questions.

Talk to everyone soon.

Holly