ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: For your review - updated documents

  • To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] RE: For your review - updated documents
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 06:04:21 +0000

After reviewing the notes from the WG meeting this week as contained in the
July 17 WG discussion document, I want to add the following.

In the WG Discussion column for question c under D 9 (What lessons can be
learned from past experience?), the notes say:

.        "Council is composed of representatives of SG/C - unless these
oppose, the Council is able to speak on behalf of the Council

.        Question would be what would be the voting threshold to speak on
behalf of the GNSO - currently simple majority applies to all decisions that
do not relate to PDP votes"

Communications from the Council that are on behalf of just the Council
should always be clearly differentiated from communications  from the
Council on behalf of the GNSO.

Chuck