ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Proposed agenda for WG meeting on 30 July

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Proposed agenda for WG meeting on 30 July
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:16:14 +0000

Dear WG members,

The proposed agenda for the next WG meeting on Wednesday 30 July is as
follows:

1. Roll Call /Updates to SOI
2. Review draft GNSO Processes flow charts (updated and circulated on 24
July)
3. Continue review of Deliverable I ­ item E(a), E(b) and E(c) (updated and
circulated on 24 July)
4. Review of Deliverable I Item F (SG/C/SO/AC input received) ­ form small
team to review comments and draft response?
5. Confirm next steps / next meeting
For Agenda Item #2, please review the following questions that Marika had
circulated on 24 July. We hope they will be useful as you discuss the draft
GNSO Processes flow chart:
* Do the two draft processes (Policy Guidance Process and Policy Input
Processes) align with the WG's thinking and discussions to date? If not,
what other processes / elements would need to be explored?
* What voting thresholds should be associated with initiating a Policy
Guidance Process or alike, as well as adoption of recommendations?
* Should Board consideration of recommendations following a Policy Guidance
Process (or similar) follow the same process as is currently used for PDP
recommendations?
* Should the WG explore a Policy Guidance Process or similar to also be
available to develop modified consensus policy recommendations in those
limited circumstances in which either limited changes need to be made
following implementation of a consensus policy (based on data gathered or
practical experience) or where additional scoping information is already
available based on previous efforts?
* (not necessarily for Deliverable I, but to keep in mind) How do these
processes align with a possible process that would need to be available
during implementation of policy recommendations and that could be invoked by
Implementation Review Teams/GNSO Council in case policy/implementation
issues are identified that need further consideration by the broader
community?
The updated documents that were circulated on 24 July have been uploaded to
the WG wiki space: https://community.icann.org/x/K77hAg and will, as usual,
also be made available in the Adobe Connect room for the meeting.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director