ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 20 August 2014

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 20 August 2014
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 23:57:42 +0000

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Working Group teleconference is scheduled
next week on Wednesday 27th August at 19:00 UTC for 1 hour.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working
group call held on Wednesday 20 August 2014 at 19:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20140820en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20140820en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#aug>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#aug

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr - At-Large

Olevie Kouami - NPOC

Chuck Gomes - RySG

Greg Shatan-IPC

Jonathan Frost-RySG

J Scott Evans - BC

Klaus Stoll-NPOC

Amr Elsadr-NCUC

Michael Graham - IPC

Anne Aikman Scalese - IPC

Stephanie Perrin - NCUC

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP

Alan Greenberg-ALAC

Apologies:

Avri Doria-NCSG

Tom Barrett - RrSG

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

 Wiki page:  <https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag>
https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 20 August

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the Policy & Implementation WG meeting of 20
August 2014

  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Dialling in now.

  Michael R. Graham:Apologies, I will be 5-10 minutes before I can get back
to computer.  I will listen by phone.

  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Just joined the call.

  Terri Agnew:@Michael, thank you for letting us know

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks. Was wondering why it was so quiet. :)

  Amr Elsadr:The operator said I was being joined to the call "silently". :)

  Stephanie Perrin:I have lost audio, is anyone talking?

  Stephanie Perrin:ignore my last comment....now I am hearing things

  Terri Agnew:@stephanie, glad to hear

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:On the call and in Adobe - hi everyone...

  Greg Shatan:Hello, all.  New speed record in getting into the call....

  Terri Agnew:@Greg I am happy to hear that for this call

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yeh !

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes the charts are tracking well for wider review IMO

  Marika Konings:@Anne - yes, that will need to be updated

  Marika Konings:and yes, those were updated in the charts

  Mary Wong:Yes, these were "left over" from the first draft

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes Anne we did

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes`Chuck specifics  help

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@Anne  perhaps 'clarification and / or update' ???

  Amr Elsadr:I don't see any harm in getting input regarding the voting
thresholds.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree @Amr

  Michael R. Graham:Agree @Amr

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:  we need a different term to High Level   soperhaps
/"more preliminary stage" or some such

  Stephanie Perrin:I guess what I am trying to say, is that "flexibility and
responsiveness" gets me worried if I think regular processes are being
circumvented....re Chuck's intervention, how about "a first draft of high
level..."

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:from the WG Chairs is fine IMO

  Amr Elsadr:Does the WG want the G-Council

  Amr Elsadr:@Cheryl: +1

  Amr Elsadr:Does the WG want the G-Council to also get this msg for any
reason? As an update?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:makes sence  to me @Amr

  Michael R. Graham:Can we put together a chart showing Constituencies and
WG members who will be transmitting letter/request to them?

  Wolf Knoben:Sorry for  being late

  Stephanie Perrin:+1 for feedback on orange boxes

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Michael - good idea re the chart.  Anne

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Wolf Knoben

  Mary Wong:@Michael, @Anne, it may be easier to link to the membership list
(if need be) since some groups have more than one rep in this WG:
https://community.icann.org/x/81V-Ag

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Good point @Mary

  Amr Elsadr:What was the date set on the latest updated chart?

  Marika Konings:@Amr - 18 August

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Marika. I was looking at the one from Aug 10th, and
thought there was something wrong.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:This will be greatly appreciated and very useful IMO @
Chuck/LeadrshipTeam :-)

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Alan Greenberg

  Mary Wong:And congratulations to Alan on his Nom Com (re)appointment to
the ALAC!

  Alan Greenberg:Sorry for lateness.. On bridge now

  Amr Elsadr:Congrats Alan. :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Exactly @Marika

  Alan Greenberg:Thanks (He says blushing)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and his nomonation by Olivier to become the next ALA
Chair ;-)

  Mary Wong:Wow!

  Amr Elsadr:Hadn't heard about that!! Double congrats. :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Well I am clearly biased ;-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:gree @Chuck

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Concerned as to whether the organizations will say -
how was our input incorporated in the GGP charts?

  Mary Wong:@Anne, Marika is suggesting that the GGP letter makes clear that
relates only to a specific deliverable that we're wokring on right now.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Olivier - Felicitations!

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Oh - is it congrats to Alan?  Sorry for mistaking

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed a good idea Chuck  no bias of course ;-)

  Mary Wong:For your reference, the Ry, ALAC and ISPCP input has been
summarized and included further down in this Deliverable I document

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks J. Scott and all. Bye.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Thank you J. Scott, Chuck everyone

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Good meeting  thanls all bye for now then...