ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Documents for your review

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Documents for your review
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 07:37:36 +0000

Dear All,

As discussed during yesterday's meeting, please find attached the updated
work plan as well as the latest version of the GDD Implementation Framework
(note, we'll update this version with references to the Bylaws, where
appropriate, as discussed). If you have any further comments / edits, please
share these by Friday 3 October at the latest. Following that, we'll
consider these documents 'closed' for now. As also discussed, the work plan
is intended to be a living document that we'll update on an ongoing basis.
It is also likely that we'll need to come back to the GDD implementation
framework once the WG has had the opportunity to review some of the other
issues to make sure that any potential WG recommendations align with the
framework.

In relation to the implementation process graphic (attached here again for
your reference ­ please note I have not been able yet to update the colour
scheme as the programme for doing so is no longer working on my computer and
needs to be fixed by IT when I go to LA), you are encouraged to identify any
other issues / questions the WG should be considering in relation to charter
questions 3, 4 and 5. As a reminder, the following have been identified in
the graphic:
* Implementation project plan ­ determine if/how/when the IRT is involved
and how consultations with staff should take place, if specific guidance is
deemed necessary (Charter Question 3)
* GNSO Implementation Review Team ­ Currently optional, should this be
mandatory (charter question 5); how is the IRT expected to operate, what is
its decision-making methodology (charter question 5); what additional
mechanisms, if any, should be foreseen for implementation related
discussions (beyond those that take place with the IRT) (charter question
3); how is feedback as well as the flagging of potential issues to the GNSO
Council by the IRT managed (charter question 4 & 5)
* GNSO Council ­ what process(es) is (are) to be used for addressing
implementation / policy issues raised by the IRT (charter question 4); what
role does the Board play, if any, in addressing implementation concerns from
the GNSO Council (charter question 3 & 4).
Please note that the next meeting of the Policy & Implementation Working
Group is scheduled to take place in Los Angeles on Wednesday 15 October from
16.30 ­ 18.00 local time (see
http://la51.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-policy-implementation). Remote
participation details will be circulated separately.

Best regards,

Marika