ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 18 March 2015

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 18 March 2015
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 03:17:51 +0000

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Working Group teleconference is scheduled
next week on Wednesday 25 March 2015 at 20:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working group
call held on Wednesday 18 March 2015 at 20:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-18mar15-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Cheryl Langdon-Orr - At-Large
Amr Elsadr - NCUC
Chuck Gomes - RySG
Greg Shatan - IPC
Alan Greenberg-ALAC
Tom Barrett - RrSG
Michael Graham - IPC
Avri Doria - NCSG
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP
Stephanie Perrin - NCUC
Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC

Apologies:
 J.Scott Evans - BC
Carlos Raul Guttierez - GAC

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Mary Wong
Karen Lentz
Terri Agnew

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Terri Agnew

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 18 March 2015

    Terri Agnew:Welcome to the Policy & Implementation Working Group meeting of

  Avri Doria:apologies for signing in early, thought it was already later than
it is.

  Terri Agnew:Hi Avri, the call is scheduled to start in 6 minutes

  Amr Elsadr:Hi all.

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Anne Aikman-Scalese and Amr Elsadr

  Greg Shatan:Hello, all.

  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:Hi all

  Marika Konings:Rest assured that Terri will take note of everyone that joins
after the roll call for our records :-)

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Thanks Marika!

  Terri Agnew:Stephanie Perrin has joined

  Stephanie Perrin:Apologies for being late!

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks.

  Marika Konings:Michael, which was the second one you suggested moving up?

  Marika Konings:Anne, please note that this refers to the definitions, not the
principles (if I understand Carlos's comment correctly)

  Amr Elsadr:I don't really see any impact on the order in which definitions
are listed. They're just references for how the words/terms are being used.

  Marika Konings:I was actually planning to close the survey - as the comment
forum will also close. Do you have an expected  time by which these will be
submitted?

  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:I'd support alphabetical order

  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:I'd support alphabetical order

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Support alphabetical order

  Alan Greenberg:@Marika I hope tomorrow for my personal one. That will not be
ratified by the ALAC in that timeframe, but I would expect it to be at some
time soon after.

  Amr Elsadr:Good point Michael.

  Amr Elsadr:BTW..., there is also a typo on page 5. NPOC should be NGPC.

  Michael R. Graham:@Amr -- I'm looking at too many documents -- which page 5?

  Amr Elsadr:Sorry. :) Page 5 of the initial report.

  Stephanie Perrin:definitely would support "interested" to be added

  Amr Elsadr:Definition of stakeholder in the initial report: Any individual,
group or organization that has a direct or indirect interest or stake in a
possible outcome.

  Amr Elsadr:I would seek clarification on this as well. Tried to read it
earlier, but couldn't understand the suggestion.

  Alan Greenberg:Could we scroll up to see comment?

  Mary Wong:@Alan, Marika is live-editing so that's her screen you're seeing.

  Avri Doria:marika sent out the doc, i beleive,

  Alan Greenberg:My problem I thought we were on b6

  Amr Elsadr:I think the concern here is the assumption that identification of
"who will be impacted" will be successfully performed. I suggest that we seek
clarification.

  Stephanie Perrin:You cannot reallly deal with issues in the principles that
should be measured in the metrics....eg. effective communications throughout
the process.

  Amr Elsadr:Yes. Thanks Cheryl.

  Avri Doria:While it might be tought to do, but isn't it what we are here to
do?

  Amr Elsadr:Agree with Anne. Adding this language would suggest that there are
restrictions on who can provide input.

  Mary Wong:Can we reword this?

  Amr Elsadr:I think it's fine just the way it is. :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hmmm hsving heasrd what Anne raised I am now more
concerned with this and of course I had wanted to raise the issue of "expertise
... In whose opinion/measure"

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Greg - I think the issue of "people" is an issue because
of the fact that we don't have enough volunteers to cover all comment periods
adequately.

  Amr Elsadr:@Alan: +1

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Agree with Alan and amr

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Top of the hour ZI *have* to go ASAP...

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:what if we replace "expertise" with "commitment"?

  Tom Barrett - EnCirca:ok

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Agree with Amr's statement

  Greg Shatan:expertise is an attempt to create a litmus test.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I suspect so Greg...

  Avri Doria:but having a clue is necessary

  Stephanie Perrin:Apologies for the sigh, that was my dog whining for a walk
(left micro open, sorry)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OK  will stay until you start wrap up  then HAVE to go to
car travel mode...

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:YUP AGree NO change

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Outta here BYE

  Stephanie Perrin:I think we should respond to every comment.  Dont have to
write a thesis on each one, but it shows due diligence'

  Greg Shatan:Must switch calls.

  Greg Shatan:Bye, all.

  Amr Elsadr:Bye Greg.

  Marika Konings:@Amr - yes, that would be the idea (either linked or as an