ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Updated Public Comment Review Tool and a note for next week

  • To: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Updated Public Comment Review Tool and a note for next week
  • From: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:56:30 +0100

Hi, and thanks for the updated document Mary.

I just wanted to reiterate my view on the RySG input on row 4.9 of the review
tool table.

I believe the change in text suggested by the RySG to be quite a good one.
Seems to me that it does a better job of clarifying the intent of the
principle. The idea here was not to give staff the ability to make transparent
changes to a proposed implementation (provided that they do not affect the
intent of the policy recommendation), but rather to require that those changes
meet both criteria; not changing the intent of policy recommendations in
addition to being transparently made. The change in language suggested by the
RySG, to me, is constructive towards that end.

I bring this up, because although the WG response appears to be “noted”, there
is no recommended action to make the suggested change. We did not agree to
making this change on our last call, but I think it is something worth
considering.

Thanks.

Amr