ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc]

Re: [gnso-ppsc] question of conflict of interest

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "gnso-ppsc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc] question of conflict of interest
  • From: "J. Scott Evans" <jscottevans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 07:46:16 -0800 (PST)

Dear All:

We're all adults.  There are processes in place to object if a party/parties
feel as if there has been abuse of power/position.  Silly discussions like this
are why the OSC's procedures are so arcane and complicated.  Let's all grow up
and realize that volunteers are rare, good volunteers rarer still and good
leaders the rarest of all.  Jeff Neuman is all three rolled into one and we as
a community should embrace that and thank him for being willing to continue.

J. Scottj. scott evans - senior legal director, global brand and trademarks -
Yahoo! Inc. - 408.349.1385 - jscottevans@xxxxxxxxx