ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc]

Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] RE: [gnso-ppsc] question of conflict of interest

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] RE: [gnso-ppsc] question of conflict of interest
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 17:50:00 +0100

This seems like a good suggestion, but would it not be putting Chuck in the
difficult position of having to pick up, in a short amount of time, Jeff's
experience on this SC?

I know Chuck is extremely aware of all these issues and would probably not have
a problem doing that, but that may still be something we might want to ask
ourselves before volunteering him for the job.

On the subject of Jeff, Avri has voiced a clear concern. Jeff has clearly
stated that he would step down if requested to. Others say they see no concern.

I would like to raise this during our wrap-up today and see what the Council
feels about it. On a personal level, I think it is up to Jeff to decide what he
wants to do and that discussion may help him do so.

Thoughts?

Stéphane