ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

[gnso-pro-wg] Statement of Interest - Michael D. Palage

  • To: <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pro-wg] Statement of Interest - Michael D. Palage
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:09:57 -0500

Interest Statement of Michael Palage

I am currently a member of the following three GNSO Constituencies: the
Business Constituency (BC); the Intellectual Property Constituency
(IPC), and Registry Constituency. Within the BC I participate and vote
on behalf of my consulting company. I also participate within the IPC as
licensed attorney admitted to the bars of Pennsylvania and Florida,
however, under the IPC charter I have no voting rights as an individual
IP attorney. My involvement within the Registry Constituency is on
behalf of dotCoop the registry operator of the .COOP sTLD for whom I
serve as a consultant/advisor; however, Carolyn Hoover is the designated
voting representative for dotCoop.

My participation within this Working Group will be in an individual
capacity in which I will attempt to share my rather extensive background
on this particular subject matter including: participating in the
original drafting of the UDRP as the Chair of the Registrar
Constituency; as Chair of ICANN's Working Group B that was tasked with
the protection of famous trademark in the original WIPO Domain Name
Report; as author of the original Sunrise concept as discussed in the
Working Group B Final Report; as a consultant to Afilias who was
involved in the drafting and implementation of their Sunrise process;
and as a consultant to mTLD in connection with the drafting of their
Sunrise and Premium Name processes.

In addition to serving as a consultant/advisor to dotCoop, I also
currently serve as a consultant to Afilias the registry operator of the
.INFO TLD. I also provide consulting services to ccTLD operators,
registrars, and other registration authorities on an as needed basis on
a wide range of topics. I have also provided expert testimony in state
and Federal court on behalf of various brand holders and law enforcement
agencies in connection with domain name and internet related matters.

Previously I served as the Chair of the Registrar Constituency from its
inception in 1999 until 2003, when I served a three-year term on the
ICANN Board of directors (2003-2006).