ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

[gnso-pro-wg] Outsourced Sunrise, Defensive Removals, Name-String Notification

  • To: <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pro-wg] Outsourced Sunrise, Defensive Removals, Name-String Notification
  • From: "Peter Gustav Olson - pgo" <pgo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:33:12 +0200

Dear All,

I attach a Word document with some ideas on how better to protect the rights of
others. These include

* Outsourced Sunrise: given to a centralized organization who will administer
it the same each time and reuse the data
* Defensive Removals: efficient way to permanently remove abusive registrations
before they are registered
* Name-String Notification: subscription service whereby rights owners can
firstly place a domain name application in abeyance, and secondly sent it
through a UDRP-like Challenge process prior to registration

The combination is a proactive shield, which would improve the security and
stability of the Internet, in relation to the present combination of an
ineffective sunrise combined with a reactive UDRP.

While I have discussed these ideas some of my IPC colleagues, the attached
document represents my own views, and not necessarily the views of the other
IPC members.

Best regards,
Peter

PETER GUSTAV  OLSON
Attorney-at-Law

PGO@xxxxxxxxxxx

PLESNER SVANE GRØNBORG              AMERIKA PLADS 37           TEL +45 33 12 11
33
LAW FIRM                            2100 COPENHAGEN            FAX +45 33 12 00
14
                                    DENMARK                    WWW.PLESNER.COM

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If
you
are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete this
email
and any attachments without retaining copies or disclosing the contents to
anyone.