ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

[gnso-pro-wg] FW: gnso-pro-wg: New Definitions

  • To: <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pro-wg] FW: gnso-pro-wg: New Definitions
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:10:38 -0400

I don't know if these made it to the list, so I'm forwarding Victoria's
suggestions.  (Thanks for pulling these together, Victoria.)  I had some
proposed revisions so I've attached a redline and a clean copy.

Brief comments on Victoria's definitions and my changes.

Abusive Registration:  fine with def. but changed to Legal to be
consistent.

Authentication of Legal Rights:  changes for consistency.  no uniform
practices re: submission of evidence so deleted last sentence.

Legal Rights:  no uniformity on licensees so deleted.  Jeff - the
"recognized by TLD" language you didn't like was put back in so please
comment or revise

RPM:  broadened to include eligibility and membership authentication and
second-level name selection criteria.

Rights of Others:  Had so many objections to this definition that I
didn't even know where to start.  It's not sufficiently precise as to be
accurate.  Someone else want to take a stab at it?

STOP - reverted to Jeff's definition.