ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

[gnso-pro-wg] Final Report - please read

  • To: <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pro-wg] Final Report - please read
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:12:43 -0400

All,

In light of some of the postings since our meeting last night, I wanted
to make sure that there was no uncertainty as to what I will and will
not be doing today and what you need to do today.

What I will be doing:  I will be incorporating into the current draft of
the report those revisions posted to the list.  I will be adding
everyone's names to their respective TLD summaries and will send a pdf
to Liz and the list.  I will be copying into the Outcomes section of the
report the principles (in whatever form they are in at 4 PM EDT) with
the appropriate designations of support.  I will include in the
unfinished work subsection of the Outcomes report any proposal for which
I cannot determine a clear level of support -- regardless of whether
that level is agreement, support, or alternative.  I will be copying
Peter's proposals into the Outcomes section and, barring new support
postings to the list, will characterize them as being "alternatives".
I will, at 1 PM EDT, circulate an email that contains all of the
suggestions in response to my "final outcome language" request so that
everyone can voice their support or lack thereof.  If there is no clear
consensus, I will exercise my prerogative as Chair and pick the one I
like best.

What I will not be doing:  I will not be writing new sections of the
report.  I will not be writing (any more) new definitions.  I will not
be writing new proposals/principles.  I will not be canvassing the list
to get levels of support.

What you need to do today:  If you want a new definition, write it and
post it for comment.  If you want a new section of the report, write it
and post it for comment.  If you object to or support Victoria's
definitions or my revisions, post accordingly.  If you want to add a new
proposal, post it.  If you want support for a new proposal you've posted
it, canvass accordingly.  If you object to or support an existing
proposal for which no level of support is provided in the chart, post
that objection or support.  If you disagree with characterizations of
support in the chart, post accordingly.

-*-

Questions?  Post 'em.

Thanks for your cooperation.