ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

RE: [gnso-pro-wg] Final Report: Last call

  • To: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pro-wg] Final Report: Last call
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 03:14:27 -0700

Liz, thank you for the time and effort you put into this WG and the
report. Regarding section 3:

1. Agree.

2. Do not agree. I would agree if it was slightly modified to read:

"That each new gTLD that uses RPMs should adopt..."

3. Do not agree. Would agree with this version:

"That the Legal Rights on which a party bases its participation and
seeks to protect in an RPM MUST be subjected to actual authentication,
regardless of whether such rights are challenged."

4. Agree.

5. Agree.

6. Agree.

I realize that it is too late to rehash number 3 above. But the slight
change I suggest to 2 should be fairly uncontroversial. It will be the
new gTLD committee that ulimately decides whether to recommend that all
new gTLDs MUST, MAY, or SHOULD use RPMs. So the slight change to 2 makes
it applicable whichever way they go.

Tim