ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-b]

[gnso-raa-b] additional items for RAA topics chart

  • To: <gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-raa-b] additional items for RAA topics chart
  • From: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 09:01:12 -0800

RAA subteam B --

I note a couple of items that were in the IPC working group list of
suggested RAA amendment topics that did not make it into the most recent
(December 3?) version of the chart prepared by staff.  These should be
inserted as shown below:

1.         Due Diligence and Transparency

            A.  Registrar required to provide ICANN with its current
standard registration agreement, if any, and to keep it current

(This would fit under topic 10)

4.         UDRP-related requirements

                  A.  Establishment of firm and enforceable deadlines
for registrars (a) to respond to dispute resolution provider's requests
for information in connection with registrar verification processes at
the inception of a UDRP proceeding; and (b) to provide for transfer of
the domain name to the petitioner pursuant to standard and (preferably)
simplified processes.

 (This goes under topic 14)

As discussed on our most recent call, I will endeavor, before our next
call on January 5 (see below), to initiate some threads on the
categories of topics on the chart that we did not reach in our
discussion (starting with topic 5, compliance).  As on the call, the
issues are to try to allocate the topic (or subtopic) to a relatively
higher or lower priority tier, and to identify any topics that (in the
words of our organic resolution) "may require further analysis as to
impact on consensus policy."

In the meantime, best wishes for a happy holiday season and for a
peaceful and productive 2010!

Steve Metalitz