ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-b]

Re: [gnso-raa-b] Revised draft of Section V

  • To: gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-raa-b] Revised draft of Section V
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 15:44:07 -0400

Hi,

I know that I have not participated in this group, only monitored its mailing
list.  And while there was nothing much controversial in parts 1-4, iI find
that both options list in 5 are unsatisfactory.

We will be discussing this in the NCSG, but it will be my recommendation that
neither of these options be supported in council but that the issue be
discussed further to find a solution that includes greater inclusion in the
discussion by the ICANN Stakeholders - especially the registrants but also both
commercial and non commercial users.  The idea that even in the majority
recommendation, the observers can be excluded is unacceptable.  While I was
originally personally willing to  accept the status of Observer for non
Registrar participants, by which I mean full transparency and full
participation except for decision making,  after thinking further of the
conditions being imposed and re-listening to some of the contribution made at
yesterday's meeting, I have come to personally accept the position that full
dialogue must be insisted upon.

a.