ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-b]

RE: [gnso-raa-b] RAA processes

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-raa-b] RAA processes
  • From: "Mason Cole" <masonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:02:52 -0700

If all of ICANN is contracted, it's interesting then that the GNSO has a
non-contracted house.

And please -- it would be a stretch to say the least that the RrSG would
"[inform] the GNSO that its management decisions and the bottom-up
process are irrelevant."  The GNSO is highly relevant -- in its role as
a policy body, developing bottom-up consensus policies.  Not as a
governor of contracts, which it is not.