ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-b]

RE: [gnso-raa-b] Draft Presentation on Initial Report for Monday's Session

  • To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-raa-b] Draft Presentation on Initial Report for Monday's Session
  • From: "Trachtenberg, Marc H." <MTrachtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 18:29:09 -0500

From: owner-gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:30 PM
To: Avri Doria; gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: gnso-rrc-a@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [gnso-raa-b] Draft Presentation on Initial Report for Monday's

From: owner-gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:49 PM
To: gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: gnso-rrc-a@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [gnso-raa-b] Draft Presentation on Initial Report for
Monday's Session

+1

On 16 Jun 2010, at 14:34, Metalitz, Steven wrote:

> I disagree, this is part of our assignment, and part of our report.
It is up for public comment and should be at least mentioned in the
presentation.

the three staked out positions on next steps because this might generate
a debate on this particular topic which is not the purpose of the
meeting, nor I believe, the forum for it.  We need to be sure we
complete our presentation and that we have enough time for the panel
discussion.

> Statton

on RAA amendments (this would go just before law enforcement
perspectives):

> Strong Support:  Include observers in negotiations (representing
> interests of affected non-parties)
>
> Substantial Opposition:  Only registrars and ICANN staff in
> negotiations
>
> Some Subteam Members:  Third parties should be full participants in
> negotiations
>
> Agreement that there must be periodic reports from negotiations,
including text.

> (2)  Should the blank slide read "Questions/Comments"?
>
> Steve

presentation on the RAA Initial Report.

> Please provide your comments or revisions by COB on this Thursday,  17
June 2010.

> Best regards,
>
> Margie
>
> _______________
> Margie Milam
> Senior Policy Counselor
> ICANN

The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential. Therefore, if
this message has been received in error, please delete it without reading it.
Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege.
Please do not disseminate this message without the permission of the author.
Any tax advice contained in this email was not intended to be used, and cannot
be used, by you (or any other taxpayer) to avoid penalties under the Internal
Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.