ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-dt]

Re: [gnso-raa-dt] Expected staff inputs to RAA Working Group

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-raa-dt] Expected staff inputs to RAA Working Group
  • From: Holly Raiche <h.raiche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:36:35 +1100

Danny, and Everyone

Just to pick up on both Danny's point and on the reference made by Beau (Team A) when he referred to the auDA Code of Practice as a starting point.

The way the Australian Code of Practice is enforceable is through the Australian version of the RAA - see http://www.auda.org.au/policies/ auda-2009-02/ Specifically, The Oz version of the RAA requires that Registrars must comply with auDA published policies (clause 7.2) and also comply with a Code of Practice (Clause 7.4) - with the statement that both form part of the agreement itself and are enforceable through auDA's power to suspend or terminate a Registrar's accreditation (Clause 4,2, referencing Clause 23.1)

In ICANN's RAA, there is also a reference to a Code of Practice, so the ICANN structure is there. My question to Danny and others - will there be a similar structure for our 'Rights' document so that it will be similarly enforceable. And therefore, will this assist the Compliance Department in enforcing policies that are on the books now (let alone what this group creates) but seemingly not enforced?

Kind regards

Holly Raiche
Executive Director,
Internet Society of Australia (ISOC-AU)