ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-dt]

RE: [gnso-raa-dt] FW: Expected staff inputs to RAA Working Group

  • To: "Holly Raiche" <h.raiche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-raa-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-raa-dt] FW: Expected staff inputs to RAA Working Group
  • From: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:00:59 -0800

Holly, thanks for this useful set of notes.

However, the subteam to which Doug and Danny's comments submissions were
directed is not the group working on the registrants' rights charter.
The charter is with  subteam A (I copy Beau who is coordinating that).
Subteam B is working on topics for amendments to the RAA.  Some of these
could deal directly with registrant rights, others would not ,and some
certainly would fall in the category of additional requirements on
registrars.

I agree that the SSAC advisories could be a good source of topics. I
suspect we do not have anyone from SSAC on our subteam.  Would anyone be
in a position to look through these?  I note from
http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/ssac-documents-by-category.h
tm that there are actually only 3 advisories (along with 6 reports) that
deal with registration services, that would at least be the place to
start.

Steve Metalitz