ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-dt]

Re: [gnso-raa-dt] FW: Expected staff inputs to RAA Working Group

  • To: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-raa-dt] FW: Expected staff inputs to RAA Working Group
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 01:19:06 +0000

On 12 Nov 2009, at 01:00, Metalitz, Steven wrote:

> Holly, thanks for this useful set of notes.
>
> However, the subteam to which Doug and Danny's comments submissions were
> directed is not the group working on the registrants' rights charter.  The
> charter is with  subteam A (I copy Beau who is coordinating that).   Subteam
> B is working on topics for amendments to the RAA.  Some of these could deal
> directly with registrant rights, others would not ,and some certainly would
> fall in the category of additional requirements on registrars.
>
> I agree that the SSAC advisories could be a good source of topics. I suspect
> we do not have anyone from SSAC on our subteam.  Would anyone be in a
> position to look through these?  I note from
> http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/ssac-documents-by-category.htm
> that there are actually only 3 advisories (along with 6 reports) that deal
> with registration services, that would at least be the place to start.

If you want to be comprehensive, then you should also look at the most recent
changes implemented by some of the registry operators

Verisign, for example, has introduced some new services that would go some way
towards addressing some of the SSAC's concerns in relation to "high value"
domains

See: http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep/  2009005 and 2009004

Regards

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Brand Protection
http://www.blacknight.com/
http://blog.blacknight.com/
http://mneylon.tel
Intl. +353 (0) 59  9183072
US: 213-233-1612
UK: 0844 484 9361
Locall: 1850 929 929
Direct Dial: +353 (0)59 9183090
Fax. +353 (0) 1 4811 763
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd, Unit 12A,Barrowside Business
Park,Sleaty