ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Slamming Draft #2

  • To: berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Slamming Draft #2
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 22:59:47 -0700

Thanks, Berry.  Appreciate the follow-up on this.  I've made some
comments / edits using the "Track Changes" function of Word.

In general, the more I think about this issue, the more I struggle with
it (including giving it a descriptive name). If there's no registration
(just the threat of one), is it really abuse?  Would it be economically
feasible for a "slammer" to actually follow through on their threat?

I really don't know where to go with this.  Having received these
notices for my own personal registrations, I realize they're slimy, but
I mostly regard them as a type of spam, and ignore.  Only one was
actually registered, and I think that was sufficiently generic to have
been a coincidence.

Look forward to further discussions on Monday.

J.