ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

Re: [gnso-rap-dt] Consensus call - "slamming" recommendation

  • To: "gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rap-dt] Consensus call - "slamming" recommendation
  • From: "Berry Cobb" <berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 14:28:39 +0000

I support option 2.  Thank you Marika.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 06:18:53
To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx<gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear RAPWG members:

Following our discussion yesterday, please find below the two recommendations
under consideration in relation to “slamming”. In order to measure the level of
consensus, please indicate your preference for recommendation 1 or 2.

Thanks,

Marika

 *  *   *

Recommendation 1:
The RAPWG recommends nothing and remain in the status quo.
The WG feels this issue falls outside the scope of ICANN policy development and
enforcement.

Recommendation 2:
The RAPWG recommends the GNSO monitor for this abuse in the gTLD space and
sponsor research to determine the nature and extent of the problem. The WG
believes this issue warrants review but notes there is not enough data at this
time to warrant an Issues Report or PDP.