ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Consensus call - "slamming" recommendation

  • To: <gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Consensus call - "slamming" recommendation
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 08:10:59 -0700

I also support option 2.

Mike Rodenbaugh

RODENBAUGH LAW

tel/fax:  +1 (415) 738-8087

http://rodenbaugh.com <http://rodenbaugh.com/>

From: owner-gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Berry Cobb
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 7:29 AM
To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx

I support option 2. Thank you Marika.

Sent from my BlackBerryR smartphone with SprintSpeed

  _____

From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 06:18:53 -0700

To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx<gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear RAPWG members:

Following our discussion yesterday, please find below the two
recommendations under consideration in relation to "slamming". In order to
measure the level of consensus, please indicate your preference for
recommendation 1 or 2.

Thanks,

Marika

 *  *   *

Recommendation 1:
The RAPWG recommends nothing and remain in the status quo.
The WG feels this issue falls outside the scope of ICANN policy development
and enforcement.

Recommendation 2:
The RAPWG recommends the GNSO monitor for this abuse in the gTLD space and
sponsor research to determine the nature and extent of the problem. The WG
believes this issue warrants review but notes there is not enough data at
this time to warrant an Issues Report or PDP.