ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

RE: [gnso-rap-dt] new Cybersquatting definition

  • To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rap-dt] new Cybersquatting definition
  • From: berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 21:45:11 -0500

Greg,

I like the enhancements to the definition. I?m sure you will want to punch me for my only comment. ?

Cybersquatting is recognized as registration abuse in the ICANN community,????

Shouldn?t it state:

Cybersquatting is recognized as registration & use abuse in the ICANN community,????

The first sentence of the definition states ??bad-faith registration and use?.? I as I understand, UDRP is a policy that not only addresses Registration but Use as well and this policy is referenced within the debate of ICANN policy scope where use is considered.

Just my two cents.

Berry Cobb
Infinity Portals LLC
berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx