ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

[gnso-rap-dt] Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) ---> Cybersquatting / UDRP Recommendation

  • To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-rap-dt] Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH) ---> Cybersquatting / UDRP Recommendation
  • From: berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 23:14:35 -0500

RAP,

Attached are two versions of the proposed language to be included within the Cybersquatting section of the Final report. I wanted to provide the WG with both views to allow the team to comment on which one is more appropriate for the report.

I started this thread with a simple definition of RDNH and summary actions for the future PDP team to consider when they review the UDRP per our recommendation. Faisal submitted his suggestions first and Phil later expanded to his version. The jist of the content between the two are similar, but suggested actions at the end of each vary. We now submit to the team.

I would like to remind the team about the motivation for the RDNH inclusion. This last minute addition is in response to community feedback from Nairobi and it seemed logical that inclusion belonged with the cybersquatting recommendation from the RAP, as opposed to its separate section within the report. The intent is to create a line item within the cybersquatting recommendation to ensure this abuse is addressed within the future PDP team.

As I have no experience with RDNH, I would like to thank Faisal and Phil for their more experienced contributions.

While I think Phil's version is a little longer than I desire, I personally tend to lean towards it more. The team's comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome. If possible, please respond to the list if you have a preference of one over the other.

Thank you for your time.

Berry Cobb
Infinity Portals LLC
berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx