ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rapimpl-dt]

[gnso-rapimpl-dt] Berry Cobb Statement of Interest for the RAP Implementation drafting team

  • To: <gnso-rapimpl-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rapimpl-dt] Berry Cobb Statement of Interest for the RAP Implementation drafting team
  • From: "Berry Cobb" <berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 15:01:30 -0700

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

Owner of Infinity Portals LLC

2.       Type of work performed in #1 above

Small business owner of Infinity Portals LLC; a domain portfolio management
& Services Consulting company; including domain investment and branded
content development across social, political, environmental, and information
technology channels.  My interest is the future landscape of the Internet
and DNS, and I am excited about the future gTLD expansion.  It will foster
new innovations and consumer choice.  However, I am also concerned about how
existing issues within the domain marketplace may amplify as a result of the
expansion.  As such, I am strongly biased toward seeing consistency,
reliability, and predictability in many aspects of the marketplace.

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested
parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction,
contract, or other  arrangement

None

4.       Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in ICANN
GNSO policy development processes and outcomes. Are you representing other
parties? Describe any arrangements/agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination/selection as a
work team member. Describe any tangible or intangible benefit that you
receive from participation in such processes. For example, if you are an
academic or NGO and use your position to advance your ability to
participate, this should be a part of the statement of interest, just as
should employment by a contracted party, or a business relationship with a
non- contracted party who has an interest in policy outcomes.

None.  I do not represent any party other than myself, as a small business
owner that depends upon the security and stability of the internet.  Also, I
am not affiliated nor do I have financial interest with any entity
interested in applying for new gTLDs or contracted parties of existing TLDs.

5.       Are you a member of a GNSO Constituency / Stakeholder Group, and if
yes, which one(s)?

GNSO - Business Constituency

I am also an active member on other GNSO sponsored working groups (PEDNER,
IRTPB, & VI) and a former member of the Pre-PDP RAP WG.

Berry Cobb

Infinity Portals LLC

berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://infinityportals.com