ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rapimpl-dt]

RE: [gnso-rapimpl-dt] Statements of Interest for the RAP Implementation drafting team

  • To: <gnso-rapimpl-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rapimpl-dt] Statements of Interest for the RAP Implementation drafting team
  • From: "Rosaya, Lisa W." <Lisa.Rosaya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 14:18:08 -0400

Dear Sir or Madam,

I noticed that spell check inadvertently changed GNSO to GONZO in my email
below.  Please see revised Statement of Interest.

I am an attorney-at-law and partner at the firm of Baker & McKenzie LLP.  I am
an intellectual property attorney and my practice primarily focuses on
trademark, copyright and domain name issues - in particular, counseling,
clearance, registration, policing and enforcement of these rights.  I have no
financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in any registries,
registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN policy or any
entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other arrangement.  I
represent brand owners and therefore these entities have a commercial interest
in ICANN GNSO policy development processes and outcomes as such policies and
outcomes directly effect my clients' strategic plans for trademark, domain name
and Internet enforcement as well as trademark and domain name registration.  I
am a member of Nita's Internet Committee - Domain Disputes and WHOIS
Subcommittee and was nominated by our subcommittee chair, Lee Euglena, to
participate on the RAP Implementation drafting team.

Best regards,

Lisa

Further to Glen de Saint Gery's email below, I hereby set forth my statement of
interest.

I am an attorney-at-law and partner at the firm of Baker & McKenzie LLP.  I am
an intellectual property attorney and my practice primarily focuses on
trademark, copyright and domain name issues - in particular, counseling,
clearance, registration, policing and enforcement of these rights.  I have no
financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in any registries,
registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN policy or any
entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other arrangement.  I
represent brand owners and therefore these entities have a commercial interest
in ICANN GONZO policy development processes and outcomes as such policies and
outcomes directly effect my clients' strategic plans for trademark, domain name
and Internet enforcement as well as trademark and domain name registration.  I
am a member of Nita's Internet Committee - Domain Disputes and WHOIS
Subcommittee and was nominated by our subcommittee chair, Lee Euglena, to
participate on the RAP Implementation drafting team.

Please let me know if you require any additional information in connection with
my statement of interest.

Thank you and best regards,

Lisa

Lisa W. Rosaya
Baker & McKenzie LLP
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Tel: +1 212 626 4557
Fax: +1 212 310 1659
lisa.rosaya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bakermckenzie.com

Baker & McKenzie LLP is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss
Verein