ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-reg-sgc]

Re: [gnso-reg-sgc] Draft Final Report of Sub Group C

  • To: gnso-reg-sgc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-reg-sgc] Draft Final Report of Sub Group C
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:23:29 -0400

On 30 maj 2007, at 12.25, Paul Stahura wrote:

2) Therefore that leaves a distinction based on nature of the
registrant. I happen to believe that we should not make this
distinction IF the result of the distinction is that legal persons MUST
(sorry for the caps, just trying to emphasize important words, Im not
yelling) be "outed" in the whois, because legal entities have legitimate
reasons to not be "outed", for example, for competitive reasons. IF the
MUST is a MAY, then I'm OK with having the distinction, but then I don't
see the purpose of it because natural persons can use a proxy service to
protect their privacy, so why have the distinction?

or an abused women and child shelter. or a political expression group.

a.